- This event has passed.
An introduction to Age-friendly Communities
January 27, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
An Age-friendly Community is a place where people of all ages are able to live healthy and active later lives. These places make it possible for people to continue to stay living in their homes, participate in the activities that they value, and contribute to their communities, for as long as possible. Through the UK Network of Age-friendly Communities, the Centre for Ageing Better supports towns, boroughs, districts, counties and city regions to share learning and promote age-friendly practices.
This training is designed for:
- People who are interested in learning more about Age-friendly Communities.
- New members of the Age-friendly Communities Network.
- New staff of existing Age-friendly Communities.
- Existing Age-friendly Communities who want a reminder of the key principles.
This training will cover:
- Why we need Age-friendly Communities and ageing in the UK today.
- History and principles of Age-friendly Communities.
- Developing an Age-friendly Community using the World Health Organization framework.
- Panel discussion with representatives of the UK Network on their experiences running Age-friendly Communities.
- How Ageing Better and the UK Network can support Age-friendly Communities