- This event has passed.
Caring and dementia: Support, advice & education
March 30, 2021 @ 9:00 am - March 31, 2021 @ 5:00 pm£19.98 – £36.15
Watch live or catch up – recordings available for 30 days
The Alzheimer’s Show Digital Hub is a series of educational webinars on a wide range of topics relevant to everyone in the dementia community affected by Alzheimer’s and dementia – whether you are a carer, family member, or healthcare professional.
Brought to you by the organisers of The Alzheimer’s Show, these online sessions are packed with useful advice and practical tips. You will also be able to connect and share experiences with other attendees and have the opportunity to put your own questions to the carefully selected experts and specialists. Professionals can use them as part of their CPD.
This online event brings together the leading voices in the field over 2 days of live practical and educational online presentations which will give you a better understanding of dementia, the challenges it can bring and help and advice for the future. Recordings of the sessions will also be available for ticket holders for 30 days after the series has ended.
- Pain and Communication
- Eating & Drinking at Meal time: Top Tips For Dementia Caregivers
- Behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia
- Legal considerations when diagnosed with dementia
- The Importance and Power of Lived Experience in caring for someone with Dementia (FTD)
- The importance of the Mental Capacity Act for people affected by dementia
- Care and Caring at the End of Life
- Understanding the person and reducing distress
- Dementia and delirium in the acute hospital setting
- Rare and young onset dementias
- UTIs and promoting continence for people living with dementia
- Hearing loss and dementia
- If I get dementia, will they serve me meat?
- Old Age Psychiatry services at a glance
- The language of dementia – Dementia Dictionary
- Making a success of personalised, integrated dementia care together
For more information, or to book a ticket, visit the event page.