- This event has passed.
Community connections as we age: lessons from the pandemic
March 9, 2022 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
This webinar will look at the evidence from two longitudinal studies in the pandemic to see what lessons we can learn from a time when social connections were vital for all of us, yet challenging for some more than others.
Following a presentation about individual connectedness based on research by NatCen, Manchester Urban Ageing Research Group will focus on the experience of voluntary and community organisations in supporting older people from marginalised groups. Leeds Older People’s Forum will then describe how collaboration between different sectors in the city during the crisis is leading to new ways of working that keep people connected as they age.
- Chair: Patrick Vernon OBE, Associate Director for Communities, Centre for Ageing Better
- Sarah Wilkinson, Evidence Officer, Centre for Ageing Better
- Professor Chris Phillipson, Professor of Sociology and Social Gerontology at The University of Manchester
- Dr Sophie Yarker Research Associate, Manchester Institute for Collaborative Research on Ageing (MICRA) at The University of Manchester
- Ali Kaye, Third Sector Development Manager, Leeds Older People’s Forum