- This event has passed.
Dance in Spring with Shobana Jeyasingh Dance Company
February 10 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Arts 4 Dementia (A4D) has teamed up with Shobana Jeyasingh Dance for another year to bring you a dynamic 8-week project held at Southwark Playhouse’s new Community Space. Join A4D for a series of inspiring workshops for people with early-stage dementia, mild cognitive impairment and their companions.
The workshops will take place on Friday mornings, 11am-12.30pm, from 10th February to 31st March 2023.
Working with one of the senior company dancers from Shobana Jeyasingh Dance, you will discover how to create your own contemporary dance choreography and become creative with ideas your body will respond to.
This programme is free of charge and no prior knowledge or participation in dance is necessary; this project is for all abilities and can be done sitting down or standing up!
- This workshop series is for people with early-stage dementia or mild cognitive impairment, each with a companion.
- To participate, you will need to register by phone in advance.
- Numbers are restricted so, if you may be interested in joining, please email email@example.com or call 020 3633 5401 as soon as possible.
- Only those who expect to be able to attend all 8 sessions from Feb 10 – Mar 31 can be accommodated.
- This workshop is free of charge!