- This event has passed.
Developing Age-friendly Communities
June 23, 2021 @ 9:30 am - 2:00 pm
This training will look at the Age-friendly Communities programme cycle and will take a deep-dive on the first stage of the cycle, Engage and Understand, where you will involve stakeholders and older people in assessing the age-friendliness of your place before developing your action plan. This training will share some of the key principles of delivering your Age-friendly Community and will provide a space for you to learn with and from other communities.
This half-day training is for people in places that:
- Have recently signed up to become an Age-friendly Community.
- Are interested in becoming an Age-friendly Community and want to know more.
- Are developing their Age-friendly Community and want to reflect on their practice.
This training will look at:
- A reminder of the age-friendly principles
- A deep-dive on the Age-friendly Communities Programme Cycle
- Gaining political and stakeholder commitment for your Age-friendly Community
- Developing and review your baseline assessment
- Engage older people and co-design your Age-friendly Community
- Case studies of what an Age-friendly Community can deliver in practice.