- This event has passed.
Early-Stage Dementia Awareness Training for the Arts
March 20 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£75 – £92.80
Increase skills and confidence, communicating and working creatively with people experiencing the early stages of dementia and their carers. Work towards reaching new audiences and making your practice or organisation more inclusive, increasing impact in the community.
Arts facilitators, artists, learning teams, healthcare professionals, volunteers and postgraduate arts students.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the various types of dementia
- Understand how dementia impacts people’s abilities and feelings in the early stages
- Explain the key communication approaches
- Describe the value and impact of arts based approaches
- Engage participants and encourage them to develop new creative skills