- This event has passed.
Early-Stage Dementia Awareness Training for the Arts
May 23 @ 9:45 am - 5:00 pm£85
Increase skills and confidence, communicating and working creatively with people experiencing the early stages of dementia and their carers. Work towards reaching new audiences and making your practice or organisation more inclusive, increasing impact in the community.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the various types of dementia
- How dementia impacts on people’s abilities and feelings in the early stages
- Explain key communication approaches
- Describe the value and impact of arts based approaches
- Engage participants and encourage them to develop new creative skills