- This event has passed.
How can we develop a national post-pandemic resilience programme?
December 16, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Join Centre for Ageing Better and The Physiological Society for an online launch of their new joint report ‘A National Post Pandemic Resilience Programme: Supporting older adults to recover from the pandemic’.
Questions to be discussed:
- What short and long term challenges have lockdowns presented for older people’s health?
- How older adults can be motivated to increase physical activity levels?
- From a physiological perspective, what are the most effective public health interventions?
- How different interventions can be joined up to present a cohesive programme?
- Sue Dewhirst – Medical Directorate, NHS England and NHS Improvement and Chair of the National Falls Prevention Coordination Group
- Dr Alison Giles – formerly Centre for Ageing Better and Public Health England
- Professor Paul Greenhaff – The Physiological Society and and the University of Nottingham, UK
- Beth Mitchell- Active Ageing Lead, GreaterSport
- Alison Iliff – Health and Wellbeing Programme Lead, Office for Health Improvement and Disparities (North East and Yorkshire)