- This event has passed.
National Day of Reflection
March 23, 2021
You’re warmly invited to join a programme of free talks and conversations on 23rd March. From exploring the songs to help with grief with BBC 6 Music’s Gideon Coe to taking a closer look at bereavement at work with a Marie Curie expert, the event will be exploring matters of life and death with a selection of special guests.
Whether you’ve been affected by grief this year, you work in the field or you’re simply interested in learning more, join this event to find inspiration and support, and to share your own experiences if you’d like to.
The full line up will be revealed on 1st March when registrations will open for each session. Here’s an idea of what to expect:
- exclusive musical performances
- grief school with bereavement expert Julia Samuel MBE
- reflection on music and memory and how it can heal with BBC 6 Music’s Gideon Goe and special guests
- a special forum on bereavement in the workplace
- a panel discussion on tackling inequalities in health and social care with Patrick Vernon OBE
Grief can be a difficult thing to talk about. With these talks and conversations, you can expect an accessible forum for reflection – whatever you’ve been through and whatever your background or beliefs.
The talks will offer an opportunity to share tips, best practices and tools to manage grief and look to the future.
You can pre-register for the event visit the Marie Curie website.