The Alliance’s vision is to: “Enable thriving communities to deliver a social revolution for their health and wellbeing while generating value”. Its mission is to establish a global working group dedicated to the advancement of social prescribing through promotion, collaboration and innovation. The Alliance’s work supports the implementation of UN sustainable development goal 3 – “good health and wellbeing”.
The global alliance will champion social prescribing and the work of local communities in connecting people by focusing on Six main areas of work:
1) Creating a Universal Narrative for redefining health and wellbeing through ‘rethinking medicine’, ‘personalised care’, and ‘social prescribing’ in support of SDG3 Good Health & Wellbeing
2) Delivering clinical leadership through the development of a global network of clinical champions.
3) Creating innovative Community Development approaches focussed on existing assets and sustainable financial structures (economic model).
4) Implementing the Building Blocks for Social Prescribing and developing the five zones: Arts – Nature – Exercise – Knowledge and Wisdom.
5) Creating Workforce Solutions for healthcare institutions via new platforms.
6) Harnessing Digital Solutions to enhance information and meaning.
To learn more about the Global Social Prescribing Alliance, or watch the online launch event visit the Alliance website.