This year the World Alzheimer’s Month campaign will focus on post-diagnosis support, aiming to highlight the importance of support for people living with dementia and families following a diagnosis.
On World Alzheimer’s Day, 21st September, Alzheimer’s Disease International will launch their annual report focusing on post-diagnosis support at an online event.
Key areas of the report include:
- The impact of diagnosis on people living with dementia, their carers and families
- Medical, emotional and practical considerations during the early, middle and late stages of dementia, including for different forms of dementia
- Current and future pharmacological, cognitive and multi domain interventions in dementia
- The impact of culture and society on post-diagnosis support for people living with dementia, introducing models of care from across the world
- The importance of education about dementia
For more information about World Alzheimer’s Day, to learn about events around the world, or to download campaign resources, visit Alzheimer’s Disease International.
If you’d like to take part in a memory walk in the UK, visit the Alzheimer’s Society for more information.