Since Covid-19 there has been an increase in the time people need to wait for their memory assessment appointment. We’re working with the NHS to understand what people need, and what support is available.
- Understand what support is available and how well it meets the needs of those that need it via working with those with experience.
- Share information about what people can expect, things they can do to help while they wait and what support is available via the Next Steps website, helping people not feel so alone during this time.
- Surveys and workshops were run during phase one of the project to help find out and understand what people’s experiences were during this period and how it can be improved.
- The next steps website (www.nextsteps.org.uk) supports around 1500 people a month with advice and information to help during the wait for a memory assessment.
- The learning from these processes was condensed into a briefing document.
- This information was then also used to create the new, printable, guide ‘Living well while waiting for a memory assessment’ which includes a range of useful exercises and contains information and advice on staying well while waiting.
- A printable flyer was created, intended for locations such as memory clinics and GP surgeries, with the intention of guiding people, with ease, to the Next Steps website.
This research helped us to create the new guide ‘Living well while waiting for a memory assessment’…
As well as the visiting the Next Steps website, you can also download a printable guide. The guide contains information and advice on staying well while waiting for a memory assessment, as well as a range of exercises you can complete to help you decide on what’s right for you.
We’ve also created a printable flyer with the intention of guiding people to the Next Steps website. This 1 page document details who the website is for, how it can support them and how to access it. This flyer is intended for locations such as memory clinic and GP surgeries.
- Join the DCAN mailing list to be kept up to date on our work
To hear about the progress on this project become a member