Right at the Start
In this #DCan Enquiry, we are exploring how personalised approaches can enhance the dementia well pathway, from diagnosis to end of life.
Our DCAN Enquiries gather the best ideas, evidence, and insights together from a range of perspectives, to learn what is needed to make positive change happen. Our learning helps to shape and support action nationally and locally as well as stimulate further research and innovation
Key questions for this Enquiry include:
- How can personalised care enhance the full diagnosis experience?
- How can we help people approach life following a diagnosis with more knowledge, skills, positivity and confidence, with stronger networks of support?
- How do we help people and professionals focus on what is strong not what is wrong and see the whole person holistically?
- How do we keep post diagnostic support focused on what matters to the person?
- How do we ensure people have the information and support they need to take control and make choices that are right for them?
- How can social prescribing be embedded within the diagnosis pathway?
- When is the right time and what are the best ways to talk about the future and advance planning decisions?
- How can people with a diagnosis of dementia help others going through a similar experience?
- What role can personal health budgets play in giving people with dementia more control and choices over their care and support?
- How we can ensure all people with dementia receive personalised end of life and palliative care and support?
To hear about the progress on this Enquiry, and what we are learning, become a member to receive news to your inbox.